If you are planning on making a few different curries at short notice this recipe will make the perfect base curry gravy
Ingredients: (enough base for 2-3 curries)
- 50g dried fried onions
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbls tomato paste
- 1 tsp Mr Curry Lover Base Gravy Mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat 250ml of the water in a large stockpot.
- Add the garlic and ginger and onions and stir (keep stirring so that the onions don’t stick to the bottom of the pan)
- Once the onions have cooked, take off the heat and add the tin of tomatoes, leave to cool.
- Add 1 teaspoon Mr Curry Lover Base Gravy Mix to the gravy and stir.
- Add salt and stir
- Lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally to stop the onions sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat, cover and use as required